Find the page you're looking for here!
Clothing Patterns 101 Home Page
- Basic Dress/Fitting Pattern
- Craft Paper, Tape, and Other Supplies
- Scissors and Cutting Tools
- Rulers and Measuring Tools
- Muslin or Inexpensive Fabric
- Marking Tools
- Miscellaneous Tools and Supplies
- Dress or Body Form
- Fitting the Bodice Pattern
- Full Bust Adjustment (FBA)
- Fitting the Sleeve Pattern
- Fitting the Skirt Pattern
- Fitting the Pant - Initial Fitting
- Fitting the Pant - Final Fitting
Using Your Fitted Muslin to Make Your Personal Pattern Block - Transfer Your Alterations and Trace onto Cardstock
- Making a Torso or Blouse/Top Block
- The Importance of Sewing Darts (and how to use them well!)
- Pattern Grading and Sizing
- How to Use Quarter Scale Patterns to Practice Pattern Drafting Techniques
- Drafting a Princess seam
- Drafting a Bodice with Shoulder Yoke
- Drafting a Full Skirt
- Drafting a Full Sleeve
- Drafting the Basic Blouse Block
- Drafting a Fitted Blouse or Shirt
- Drafting a Tunic Top
- Drafting a Flared or Swing Top
- Drafting a Sweetheart Neckline
- Drafting a Peter Pan Collar
- Drafting a Bateau or Boatneck
- Drafting a Convertible Collar
- Drafting a V-Neck or Notched Neckline
- Bell Sleeve
- Bishop's Sleeve
- Cap Sleeve
- Flutter Sleeve
- Flat Front Pleated Skirt
- Yoked Skirt
- Circle or Handkerchief Hem
- High Waist Sheath Dress
- Drop Waist Dress
- Flared Pant
- Flared Short
- Tapered Pant
- Pleated Pant
- Why do I need a Dress Block? Can't I just re-design a purchased pattern?
- Why do I need Darts? They're so UGLY!!
- Using Your Quarter Scale Patterns
- Turning Your Darts into Styling Details
- Slashing and Spreading your Pattern to Add Fullness
- Customizing your Body Form
- Using Basic Pattern Techniques
- What does it mean to "true" your pattern?
- Don't Make MY Mistakes!
- Fit Ease vs Style Ease
- Flat Pattern vs Draping
- What are Style Lines?
- Do You Have Trouble Fitting the Bust?
- Where Do You Find Design Inspiration?
- Even the Greatest Styles Falls Flat if it's Out of Proportion
- Do You Speak the "Language" of Patterns?
- The Difference Between Sewing Ease and Style or Fit Ease
Return to Clothing Patterns 101 Home Page
ClothingPatterns101.com does not sell the personal information of its users to anyone, ever.
Think you can't design clothing? Of course you can! This book will show you the basics of the apparel design process, from silhouette to fabric selection.
There's more than one way to do pattern manipulations. In this video, I show you multiple methods to add fullness or move a dart on your pattern.
I'm often asked about how to use quarter scale patterns, and there's a lot of confusion about them. This video explains it all!
Watch videos that demonstrate the techniques you will use to design your patterns. And get tips to make the process easier!
Videos are added periodically, so keep checking back!
Learn to Design Your Own Clothing with ClothingPatterns101.com
copyright 2012 - 2021