Transform Your Basic Dress With a Few Simple Dart Manipulations!
I Hate My Basic Block Dress!!! Now What Do I Do???
You spent so much time creating your basic dress block and making it fit.
It wasn't much fun.
In fact, it can be pure drudgery. (I know - I've done it several times!)
But - it's a necessary step towards designing your own clothes.
OK, I've got it. I needed to go through that process. But what do I DO with this thing?
Lots of things!!
Now, you get to have some fun with it!
You can add a lovely neckline detail - and fit the bodice - with radiating darts stitched at the neck.
Who needs collars or jewelry?
How about shifting those tucks to the center? This cute vintage look has a series of released tucks (or you can use gathers) at the bust.
You can even create this soft, draped look - using your bodice block!
No body form necessary.
And there's lots more!
I developed the "Beginner's Guide to Designing with Darts" to help you take your basic dress to the next level.
Creating your block and getting a good fit is the first step in designing clothing that looks great and reflects your unique personality (and if you haven't created your block yet, let's get started!).
But the block itself - well, it has NO personality.
Now it's time to add that personality and style. Pleats, tucks, shaped seams, Princess seams - all add style to your dress. And you don't need to sacrifice fit - because fit is just as important as style when it comes to looking your best.
And it's really easy! You - yes, you - can do this in no time. Really.
OK, but what's included in this tutorial?
This in-depth tutorial includes:
- A "Welcome" video that gives you an overview and what to expect in the tutorial. You'll be ready and raring to go!
- A video demonstrating the use of scale patterns and the "slash" technique we'll be using for these dart manipulations. You don't have to use your full-scale block pattern while you're learning. Using scale patterns is a fun way to learn and experiment!
- More than a dozen different techniques for transforming your darts into shaped seams, pleats and tucks, yokes, and more - all of which add style to your dress, blouse, or skirt.
- More than 50 pages of illustrated instructionsshowing you - step-by-step - how to achieve these looks. Don't worry, you won't be alone in this!
- Well over an hour of video that complements the illustrated instructions. I show you how to do each step, and each technique. And I show you variation on many of the techniques - the Princess seam alone can give you many different looks!
- Separate files with scale patterns that you can print and prepare for use with the tutorial. These basic tools are used in design schools everywhere. You can practice, experiment, try out your idea, and just enjoy the design process using these scaled-down block patterns!
Order Now and Start Transforming Your Dress Into One that Reflects YOUR Personality!
No matter what your personal style, you can show it off when you design your own clothes.
And the easiest way to get started is just by getting rid of those
waist and bust darts - and replacing them with design details!
Just click the button!
Then download the files to a safe place. You own all the files - both the pdf and video files - and will have unlimited access when you save them to a flash drive or cloud storage.
Take control of your closet and design the clothes you want to wear - clothes that fit perfectly and look great!
Purchase the Digital/Downloadable version of the tutorial.
You'll have instant access to the pdf files (which you can download and print) and to the online videos on a password-protected page on Vimeo. The videos in this version are also downloadable. The pdf files arrive immediately via email.
Yes! I'd like to transform my darts
Sales tax will be applied to all purchases from the State of Wisconsin, USA.
ClothingPatterns101.com does not sell the personal information of its users to anyone, ever.